This is the third Network Training Event of the EU MSCA ITN C-PlaNeT project. From April 12th till April 15th, the third NTE takes place through online meetings.
The theme of the event is “Design for Circularity” and we would like to highlight the importance of rethinking materials, products, end-of-life strategies and business models at the design phase for setting a holistic vision for the circularity of plastics.
The programme is full of interesting contributions and workshops:
- Keynote talk from dr. Leyla Acaroglu, sustainability provocateur, systems thinker & 2016 UNEP Champion of the Earth. Check out her famous TEDx talks: https://www.leylaacaroglu.com/videos
- Contributions from C-PlaNeT partners Dow and Fraunhofer IVV
- Design for Recyclability perspectives from brand-owner P&G and from converter Amcor Flexibles
- Circularity with chemical recycling from Neste
- Three microteaching lectures by our very own PhDs
- Environmental Art
- Upstream Innovation - circular economy for plastics and the three key strategies for plastic packaging: elimination, reuse and material circulation including an additional workshop exclusively for our PhDs
On the closing day, we are co-organizing together with EU H2020 funded project PolyCE https://www.polyce-project.eu/, a workshop on Design of EEE products with recycled plastics.
All details are available on the website: https://www.c-planet.eu/post/c-planet-nte-3-12-04-15-04-online-event
Please find the final schedule below.
The lectures coloured in blue are open to everyone interested, but registration for the open sessions is required and should be done using the following links (two separate registrations are required):
- Day 1-3: https://webappsx.ugent.be/eventManager/events/NTECPLANET
- Day 4 (PolyCE workshop): https://www.eventbrite.de/e/circular-product-development-the-secrets-to-design-for-and-from-recycling-tickets-139459784971?aff=affiliateGhent