- ACTIPOLY Active polyvalent packaging based on environmentally friendly fibre material
- INNIBEL Intake estimation of nickel via food for the Belgian population and research on sources of nickel contamination
- IWT-TETRA PROJECT: CARACTERISATION OF PRINTED PACKING MATERIALS (PAPER/CARDBOARD AND PLASTICS) FOR FOOD: ARGANOLEPTIC AND MIGRATION ASPECTS This IWT-TETRA project (2011—2013) examines the effect of ink and glue on the scent and migration profiles of diverse types of packing materials.
- SBO-Project - Integrated optical sensors in food packaging (CheckPack) The development of an optical sensor in packaging films which on the one hand detects spoilage of food products, packaged under modified atmosphere, and measures the amount of CO2, present in those packages.
- STUDY OF THE STABILITY AND REACTIVITY OF MIGRATING COMPONENTS OF INK AND GLUE APPLICATED IN PACKAGING (MIGRINKT) Printing ink and glue used in packaging materials for food contain amongst others building blocks and by-products of hardening substances and solvents that can migrate towards the food and hence are called primary migrants.
- THE APPLICABILITY OF BIOPLASTICS FOR PACKING FOOD The goal of this project was to examine the applicability of these new combinations to pack different food, from products with a short preservability (e.g. fresh meat) to products with a long preservability (e.g. biscuits).
- THE INFLUENCE OF PACKAGING PARAMETERS AND POST MORTAL TREATMENT ON MAINTAINING THE QUALITY OF PACKED FRESH MEAT The preservability of fresh meat is a problem that often resurfaces in which many factors can play in important role. The goal of this project was to indicate the influence of different post mortal treatments and packaging concepts on the preservability o
- VIS project ROADMAP Food Packaging of the future
- VIS trajectory - Bio-based/renewable packaging for thermal applications This subproject within the IWT-VIS trajectory "Sustainable and functional packaging" wishes to increase the heat resistance of bio-based/renewable packaging.
- VIS TRAJECTORY – BIOBASED / RENEWABLE PACKAGING FOR HEATING PURPOSES This side project of the IWT-VIS trajectory “Durable and functional packaging” wishes to increase the heat resistance of bio based/renewable packaging.
- VIS TRAJECTORY – OPTIMISATION AND IMPROVEMENT WELDING MATERIALS AND SYSTEMS This side project of the IWT-VIS trajectory “Durable and functional packages” wishes to offer specific solutions for different aspects of the problems concerning sealing packages.
- VIS TRAJECTORY – OVERVIEW EXISTING GMP HANDGUIDES AND (INTER)NATIONAL LAW FOR FOOD PACKAGES Within this side project of the IWT-VIS trajectory “Durable and functional packages” supporting guidelines for the entire packaging chain are developed.
- VIS trajectory – Overview of existing GMP manuals and (inter)national legislation for food packaging This subproject within the IWT-VIS trajectory "Sustainable and functional packaging" wishes to establish supporting guidelines for the entire packaging supply chain with the aim of helping the producers to manufacture functional, sustainable and safe food
- VIS-traject: OptiBarrier A VIS-trajectory on the central subject "over vs. underpackaging." In three work packages (gas, light and functional barrier) the optimal barrier for specific foods will be investigated.
- VIS-trajectory – Optimalisation and improvement of sealing materials and systems This subproject within the IWT-VIS trajectory "Sustainable and functional packaging" wishes to offer concrete solutions on various aspects of the sealing problems in packaging.