This network meeting takes place in the centre of Brussels at the “Kind & Gezin Academy”, Hallepoortlaan 27. This building lies on a walking distance from the train station. From here you can easily get to the Zaventem Airport with direct major European cities (route description).
This one-day event is an opportunity to learn more about he different aspects of food packing printing: practices in conventional and digital printing, packaging materials and legislation.
At the nice location you can network with researchers and industrials in the field, inspect product samples and listen to our technical speakers program:
- Marc Graindourze (AGFA) will explain printing with low-migration UV-curable ink-jet inks directly on food packaging (winner of the essenscia Innovation Award 2014).
- Dr. Andreas Grabitz (EUROFINS) explains why the German Ordinance will have a huge impact on the whole of Europe.
- Fons Put (VIGC) presents the Flemish “Design for Food” project: optimum inking levels for offset packaging.
- Wim Buyle (ADVANCED MACHINERY) gives us an overview of flexographic packaging printing and the use of Electron Beam Curing.
- Johan De Houwer (XEIKON) explores the use of dry toner for food applications.
- Bjorn Torfs (SIEGWERK) represents the view of the ink supplier.
- Inge Dirinck (SENSTECH) talks about odour of packaging materials.
Registration via http://www.vigc.be/event/food-packaging/.